The largest and fastest growing of Muskoka’s big three towns, Huntsville offers some of the region’s best shopping. Highlights include numerous galleries and boutique main street stores, as well as the region’s only indoor shopping centre, the Huntsville Place Mall.
Here’s a small sampling of Huntsville-based retailers to get you started:
- Minds Alive Toy Store – This one’s for the kids and offers a wide selection of games and crafts guaranteed to keep the wee ’uns busy at the cottage (there are also stores in Bracebridge and Gravenhurst).
- Reflections of Muskoka – This cottage country family fashion store features the region’s exclusive Roots and Hatley Store franchises, along with brands such as Kodiak and Birkenstock.
- Artisans of Muskoka – Carrying the work of some 200 artists and artisans (most of them from Muskoka), this is the place for those truly one of a kind Canadian gifts and handcrafted items.
- Urban Rustic Living – Located in a 100-year-old church and its neighboring heritage home, this chic design store houses an excellent Group of Seven Gallery and a showroom showcasing the latest in cottage décor trends.
- Muskoka Jewellery Design – Highlights include a broad selection of one-of-a-kind jewelry designed and made by the store’s in-house metal smiths, along with unique pieces from other Canadian artisans.
- The Nutty Chocolatier – Feeding sweet cravings since 1988, this is the place in Huntsville for handcrafted truffles and chocolates, homemade fudge, ice cream, as well as imported and domestic candies.